- 10.5 hours of adventure
- 62' covered cruiser
- 1000+ plants in Butchart Gardens
Head out on a day-long expedition to find whales and marine life, including a trip to the charming city of Victoria and a guided tour to Butchart Gardens. In Vancouver, board the Ocean Magic, Prince of Whales' comfortable high-speed cruiser, and glide past the dense rainforest of Stanley Park. As you cruise along the lush, rocky shorelines of the Gulf Islands, you will be on a search for humpbacks, orcas, sea lions and porpoises. Along the way, learn from your knowledgeable naturalist guide about the local marine life and rich culture of the islands.
The trip gets you to Victoria at mid-day where you have time to explore the city's shops and restaurants. Shuttle buses depart from Victoria throughout the afternoon to take you to Butchart Gardens, a National Historic Site of Canada. Re-board the Ocean Magic at Butchart's private dock, then relax and enjoy the two-hour sunset cruise through remote Sansum Narrows and back to Vancouver. Connect with multiple Canadian environments -- land and sea, nature and culture -- on this one-of-a-kind day-long adventure.
• Go whale watching in the comfort of a high-speed covered boat.
• 90-95% likelihood of seeing whales.
• Spot harbour seals, elephant seals, porpoise, bald eagles and cormorants.
• Travel with an experienced naturalist.
• Discover the shops, attractions and restaurants in Victoria.
• Visit Butchart Gardens, with one of the finest floral displays in the world.
• Tours are available June, July and August.
• Whale sightings are very likely during those months.
• Tours last all day but return to Vancouver by late afternoon.
• Dress warmly and wear flat closed-toe shoes.
• Open to all ages.
• Reservations are strongly recommended.
• Multi-day options also available for longer stays in Victoria.
• Departures out of Coal Harbour, in downtown Vancouver.
• Access Coal Harbour via public transit from anywhere in Metro Vancouver.
• Taxis are available to and from Coal Harbour.
• Free shuttles available from Victoria to Butchart Gardens.