- 80,000 annual attendees
- 05 days of music
- 07 performance stages
Manitoba’s Birds Hill Provincial Park is alive with music, and you’re invited to the party—a five-day outdoor festival featuring seven performance stages. Appreciate musical genres such as folk, blues, bluegrass, roots, gospel, Celtic, French Canadian, world and country. Sway to the sweet sounds from the main stage, where world-renowned artists perform every evening. Take an instructional class from an accomplished musician. Stroll the artisan shops. Dine on sumptuous cuisine from 20 different food vendors. Camp out on-site and let the good times last throughout the night
This is the Winnipeg Folk Fest, a celebration of music, arts, food and community spirit. Join tens of thousands of fellow fans at one of Winnipeg’s signature summertime events—experience folk music in the Prairie sun.
- Enjoy dozens of talented music acts as they perform on seven different stages throughout a five-day festival.
- Join 10,000-plus spectators at the main-stage for nightly keynote performances from internationally renowned artists.
- Take the youngsters to kid-friendly performances in the Family Zone.
- Camp-out in a tent or RV in your choice of campground: celebrate into the wee hours of the night alongside like-minded festival-goers or enjoy a family-friendly evening at the Quiet Campground.
- Stroll the Hand-Made Village to shop for jewelry, clothing, artwork and handcrafted musical instruments from some of Canada’s most talented artisans.
- Savour succulent treats from 20 food vendors offering flavours from the four corners of the globe.
- Hone your musicianship with a songwriting workshop or instrument lesson via classes offered at the Folk School Tent.
- Winnipeg Folk Festival occurs annually in July.
- Daily performances typically begin at 11:00am; main stage performances typically begin at 6:00pm.
- Performances run throughout the day and evening.
- Festival grounds are located in Birds Hill Provincial Park, a 30-minute drive from Winnipeg; limited vehicle parking on-site.
- Join the community bicycle ride from Winnipeg to the festival.
- Shuttle bus service operates to and from Winnipeg.
- Birds Hill Provincial Park can be accessed via public transit or taxi.
- View flight information for the Winnipeg International Airport (YWG).